Error: Request Denied

3 weeks 5 days ago #3809 by confidant
Error: Request Denied was created by confidant
Hi there,
I have Store Locator set up. I set up a Google API Key and the front end map displays locations fine—no error displayed on the map or in the console. My problem is using the batch geocoding feature. It gives a big list of "Error: Request Denied" results for all my locations. If I manually open a location and click "Calculate Coordinates" it works fine. What should I do please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #3810 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Error: Request Denied
This is typically caused by some Restriction set on your key in the google console. Try removing all restrictions from the key, such as IP or referrer restrictions and see if that resolves the issue.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #3811 by confidant
Replied by confidant on topic Error: Request Denied
Yes I later noticed your reply to a similar forum post. I removed the restrictions on the API key. So now what is weird is that every time I attempt a batch, it processes some of the locations and then displays the Request Denied on others. I had to run the Batch process about four times and it finally got through them all with no errors.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #3812 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Error: Request Denied
Yeah if there are a lot of locations, google may time out after a bunch. Especially on newer Keys I have noticed...

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #3813 by confidant
Replied by confidant on topic Error: Request Denied
Okay good to know, thanks.

More