Batch Geocoding returning 403 error.

4 months 1 week ago #3763 by mprovost
Batch Geocoding returning 403 error. was created by mprovost
Recently updated to 1.8.11 on a 1.5 joomla website and i am having issues with batch geocoding. For some reason the update did not retain any geocoding information on our 1218 locations and i have to batch geocode them again.
But for some reason i get a 403 Error when it hits the very first row:

Warning: file_get_contents( maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/jso...Granby%2C+QC+J2G+6N3 ) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in /home1/clefdesc/public_html/administrator/components/com_storelocator/controllers/geocode.php on line 70

I have the API key correctly set up with no restrictions, it can load the map just well.
I have tried to generate a new api key but it did not fix the problem.

Can i get assistance on this problem? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #3765 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Batch Geocoding returning 403 error.
Im not sure why it wouldn't retain any data, as we never delete that in the update progress...

Yes it is possible that you are sending too many request on the server. They are limiting API request per day per IP.

You can check more at the API website. developers.google.com/maps/documentation...rticles/usage_limits

It's also possible that it may no longer be working. Google has been making continuous breaking changes, now requiring API keys for Geocoding, a Billing Account setup with Google and specific Services enabled per key.

We have not been maintaining the Joomla 2.5 versions so It's possible it finally broke compatibility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More