Google Maps Platform Changes

1 year 2 months ago #3721 by aussieute
Google Maps Platform Changes was created by aussieute
My Install has the dreaded .... Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

Google has changed the API's and has now relocated ... cloud.google.com/maps-platform/

Anyone else got this issue?
Seems like much has changed and I've got no idea of usage and what unexpected bill may be charged

Any ideas as to how to check and what this change means for the app?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #3722 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Google Maps Platform Changes
Yes, Google has decided to complicate things for everyone.

First i reccomend checking out their giude for existing users here: cloud.google.com/maps-platform/user-guide/

Essentially you now have to get a Key if you dont already have one and activate the Google Maps APIs on it, including Maps & Geocoding. Then you'll need to setup billing with google and give them a credit card.

When you enable billing, you get $200 free usage every month for Maps, Routes, or Places. Based on the millions of users using Google APIs today, most of them can continue to use Google Maps Platform for free with this credit.

You only pay for what you use. You can review rates and access your spending any time in your Google Cloud Platform Console, where you can also set daily quotas to protect against unexpected increases. You can also set billing alerts to receive email notifications, when charges reach a preset threshold determined by you.

More
1 year 2 months ago #3725 by aussieute
Replied by aussieute on topic Google Maps Platform Changes
Thanks for that

Q: Do we use "maps" or "places"?

More
1 year 2 months ago #3726 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Google Maps Platform Changes
Maps

More