Zip Code Search

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #2897 by sodlin
Zip Code Search was created by sodlin
I have to say I'm struggling with the search function in this new version of Store Locator. I've used SL 1.x for quite a while on J2.5.x without issue. I could type in a zip code or city-state search using my current location, set a radius to search and it would find dealers within the radius close to me.

Now I'm using 2.2.x on J3.3.6 and do not even come close to being able to use the search as I did under the earlier versions. In fact using a city, state combination provides the same wrong results as zip code search.

The dealer database (~100 addresses) is the same with no changes. I have validated coordinates and all have them. Also tried a geocoding but it came back saying all were good.

If you take a look at the attached image, you will see I used a Chicago area zip code for the search, a search radius of 250 miles and received only three results with one in Michigan, one in Nevada and one in British Columbia. There are many dealers within the 250 mile radius of Chicago which do not show and definitely Nevada and British Columbia are NOT within a 250 mile radius of Chicago.

Something has changed between versions as the older version was intuitive and functioned as most would expect. The newer version does not come close. I read through the open topics to try things including turning off Google suggestions. Nothing has helped. Please let me know what I'm missing in the newer version. Right now it doesn't appear to work and definitely not as the older version did. Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by sodlin. Reason: Removed an extra image. Not sure how it appeared.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #2898 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Zip Code Search
That is definitely not expected behavior. The new version should work even better then the previous versions in this regard.

Can you please provide a link to your site, or if you want to remain private place submit a support ticket with a link so we may take a look at your setup and understand what is going on. Its hard to diagnose anything from a screenshot. However the screenshot is much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supermega

More
8 years 1 week ago #2900 by sodlin
Replied by sodlin on topic Zip Code Search
I did open a support ticket as mentioned. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

More