changed behavior of Google maps with large number

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3373 by rcarey
My client is uploading locations as his distribution grows, and recently he surpassed 1000 locations. The first thing he noted was that the numbers (for a cluster of locations) were appearing as small characters and without the circles. I switched him over to using pins so that all the pins appear upon a load. Now we see that if someone clicks on a pin, the response delays for a couple of seconds or more before the dialog of details appears.

Is this a known issue, and is there a solution to it?

Is there a way to force the Google Map to show the larger/circled numbers (instead of small text) when showing group locations in a cluster?

One more detail to add... He has been deleting all records and then reloading from a spreadsheet. This is causing the ids on the location records to be unusually high - like 20000 (twenty thousand). In theory that should not be a problem, but perhaps there is some counting from 1 through the max and that counting process is causing the delay.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by rcarey.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #3374 by Johnroy
I am experiencing the same on my website... the fancy looking clusters are no longer showing just a Number ( see screenshot )
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Johnroy.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3378 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic changed behavior of Google maps with large number
We are please to announce that Clustering, along with several other Maps compatibility updates have now been completed and updated in our latest release. Store Locator v2.3.1 for Joomla 3.x & v1.8.11 for Joomla 2.5/1.5.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by sysgenmedia.

More