× Welcome to the Sysgen Media forum!

Tell us and our members who you are.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Google Issue?

6 years 3 months ago #3404 by zane99
Google Issue? was created by zane99
Hi,

I have been using Store Locator with success for a couple of years and have had minimal issues with it, until yesterday. After a fresh install on a new Joomla 3.6.2 build, I attempted to begin adding locations. As soon as the "Locations" dialogue is opened, I receive this message:

"This page was unable to display a Google Maps element. Please contact the site administrator. If you are the administrator of this site, please check the JavaScript console or check the following page for troubleshooting: http//g.co/mapsJSApiErrors" (see image hadlock_01.jpg)

If I ignore the error, & attempt to add a new location & generate the coordinates via the "Calculate Coordinates" button, nothing happens. (see hadlock_02.jpg for errors recorded in javascript console).

I attempted to rectify the problem by creating an API, (see hadlock_03, 04, & 05.jpg's)

The website URL has been verified in Google Control Panel

After the API is inserted, it still does not function (see hadlock_02b.jpg)

I would appreciate any help you could provide on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #3411 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Google Issue?
Whats the red error before all the yellow ones? What version of the store locator are you using?

More
6 years 3 months ago #3413 by zane99
Replied by zane99 on topic Google Issue?
I've included an image with errors when API is active:

This image illustrates errors when API has been disabled:

Version is 2.3.1
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3414 by Nisaros
Replied by Nisaros on topic Google Issue?
Hello zane99,
I had a look at the forum since i bought the component today, and while i was installing it in localhost i had the same problem. However by looking at your screenshots in the component Options i inserted my own Google API key and it worked. After i experimented with the component i decided to freshly install it in the development server.

To my amazement the map was working WITHOUT a Key!
Thus try deleting it since its in the server, and then clear your joomla/browser cache I hope it helps.

PS: blur your api key or any sort of vital/personal information in future screenshot uploads. :woohoo:
BTW: my joomla version is 3.6.2 and the components is: 2.3.1

Cheers,
Nis
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Nisaros.

More
6 years 3 months ago #3415 by zane99
Hi Nisaros,

Thanks for the help! Very happy to have input from someone about this issue. The component developers have seemingly forgotten about the issue.

I tried your solution, however, without success. The component will still not calculate coordinates. Actually, as soon as I open a Location, I receive the same Google error messages.

As for my Google API, it's already been re-generated, so the old one published in this forum is dead.

Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
6 years 3 months ago #3416 by zane99
Anyone from Sysgen Media have any idea about how to fix this? Where's the support?

More
6 years 3 months ago #3417 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Google Issue?
Hi Team,

The Google error messages should explain what the issue is. I see that we need to upgrade this part of the system to use the later versions, but it should still work regardless.

Missing Key means you need to add your API Key from google.

The second issue I see is that you need to properly add your admin site to your referral path in the Google Key Console.

More