Need extra search options like Zip Code, some key words using drop-down option

1 month 1 week ago #3820 by agan
Hi Sysgen Team,

I like to buy this Extensions for store search in map for that i need to know the following feature is possible :

1. Add extra filter option while search like sort by zip code[textbox], store type[drop-down option] and county.

Can you accommodate the additional search criteria e.g. county and store type?
please check the attachment for model search option screenshot.

image url: www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/4417358/...689e3970e356cdeae406
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #3822 by sysgenmedia
You can easily setup additional Filters for things like Store Type using Categories or Tags. You can also use Categories and/or Tags for Countries if desired.

However for Zip Code, its already built in contextually as you search by the origin location. We do not function like a text based search, we function like Google Maps, so you can type in a Zip Code already, it will geo locate you and then search from the center of that location to the specified radius. However the power of contextual Geocoding allows the user to search by anything Google Maps understands, so for example you can search by Zip, City and State, a Specific Address, Country, etc.
Last edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by sysgenmedia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agan, rajmohan

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #3823 by agan
Hi Sysgen Team,

Thanks for the reply and we glad to know that we can setup additional Filters for things like Store and so on.

I like to know one more information about "view" :

Can we customise the output view in front end like font label font colour and size like that. i mean layout design.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #3824 by sysgenmedia
All labels and text is available in the Joomla Language Overrides for easy changing and/or multi-language support.

Everything else is styled via CSS. Its able to be easily changed to match your theme, and you can also built template overrides if you wish to significantly alter the layout.

We also support Google Map Styles and have several designs prebuilt in or you can specify your own map settings by building on snazzymaps.com/ and exporting the JSON to a file.

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #3826 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

I like to know how to search by custom field values like custom field 1 -> Search by type. How to add "Search by type" text field or drop-down. without using Categories or Tags

> search by "County" not Country. [Client like to search by county by selecting state in drop-down like the example link]
>How to change "- All Categories -" text in category drop-down

We need same functionality as the following site we found on net.

hospiscript.com/pharmacy-locator

Please check the attachment for detail.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by agan. Reason: to add details and sample link

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #3828 by sysgenmedia
Hi Agan,

I think what you want is to do is search text in the Custom fields. To do so, enable the "Search Location Data" option in the menu item settings for the page. Also, change "Data Search Method" to include Custom Fields.

This will allow you to search that data. If you want a Drop Down or Checkbox type search instead, then you can repurpose Categories and/or Tags for this use and relabel them in the Language Manager.

Attachments:

More
14 hours 15 minutes ago - 14 hours 10 minutes ago #3832 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

In Your following Solution,
<strong>change "Data Search Method" to include Custom Fields.</strong>

My query:
I'm using the custom field 1 for county values. But while i'm filtering location by county values. its show all the location that contain my search value instead of only exact one.

<strong>EX:</strong> if i search "Dale County" mean its show locations from "Dale County" and "Lauderdale County" but i need to show only "Dale County" locations.

How to filter and show only location that contain my exact custom field value.

Please find the attachment to check my result.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 hours 10 minutes ago by agan.

More