Need extra search options like Zip Code, some key words using drop-down option

6 months 1 week ago #3820 by agan
Hi Sysgen Team,

I like to buy this Extensions for store search in map for that i need to know the following feature is possible :

1. Add extra filter option while search like sort by zip code[textbox], store type[drop-down option] and county.

Can you accommodate the additional search criteria e.g. county and store type?
please check the attachment for model search option screenshot.

image url: www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/4417358/...689e3970e356cdeae406
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #3822 by sysgenmedia
You can easily setup additional Filters for things like Store Type using Categories or Tags. You can also use Categories and/or Tags for Countries if desired.

However for Zip Code, its already built in contextually as you search by the origin location. We do not function like a text based search, we function like Google Maps, so you can type in a Zip Code already, it will geo locate you and then search from the center of that location to the specified radius. However the power of contextual Geocoding allows the user to search by anything Google Maps understands, so for example you can search by Zip, City and State, a Specific Address, Country, etc.
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by sysgenmedia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rajmohan, agan

More
6 months 17 hours ago #3823 by agan
Hi Sysgen Team,

Thanks for the reply and we glad to know that we can setup additional Filters for things like Store and so on.

I like to know one more information about "view" :

Can we customise the output view in front end like font label font colour and size like that. i mean layout design.

More
6 months 8 hours ago #3824 by sysgenmedia
All labels and text is available in the Joomla Language Overrides for easy changing and/or multi-language support.

Everything else is styled via CSS. Its able to be easily changed to match your theme, and you can also built template overrides if you wish to significantly alter the layout.

We also support Google Map Styles and have several designs prebuilt in or you can specify your own map settings by building on snazzymaps.com/ and exporting the JSON to a file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: agan

More
5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #3826 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

I like to know how to search by custom field values like custom field 1 -> Search by type. How to add "Search by type" text field or drop-down. without using Categories or Tags

> search by "County" not Country. [Client like to search by county by selecting state in drop-down like the example link]
>How to change "- All Categories -" text in category drop-down

We need same functionality as the following site we found on net.

hospiscript.com/pharmacy-locator

Please check the attachment for detail.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by agan. Reason: to add details and sample link

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3828 by sysgenmedia
Hi Agan,

I think what you want is to do is search text in the Custom fields. To do so, enable the "Search Location Data" option in the menu item settings for the page. Also, change "Data Search Method" to include Custom Fields.

This will allow you to search that data. If you want a Drop Down or Checkbox type search instead, then you can repurpose Categories and/or Tags for this use and relabel them in the Language Manager.

Attachments:

More
5 months 5 days ago - 5 months 5 days ago #3832 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

In Your following Solution,
<strong>change "Data Search Method" to include Custom Fields.</strong>

My query:
I'm using the custom field 1 for county values. But while i'm filtering location by county values. its show all the location that contain my search value instead of only exact one.

<strong>EX:</strong> if i search "Dale County" mean its show locations from "Dale County" and "Lauderdale County" but i need to show only "Dale County" locations.

How to filter and show only location that contain my exact custom field value.

Please find the attachment to check my result.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 5 days ago by agan.

More
5 months 4 days ago #3835 by sysgenmedia
So for something like you're describing, I would recommend using Categories or Tags and set it as a Drop Down search type. I see you have Pharmacy Type, so if thats Category, then use Tags, or the other way around.

I wouldn't use Custom Fields for a County search like that...

More
5 months 3 days ago #3838 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

"Using Tags option and set it as a Drop Down search type" is a good idea. but now only i noticed that category search and tag search not working. but its working in your demo site.

I checked all the menu settings and store Locator component options and also i reverted all the overwrite view changes with original. JS,CSS removed. still its not working.

Note: i tried select option method and check box method both not working.

Attachments:

More
5 months 3 days ago #3840 by sysgenmedia
Hard to diagnose without seeing it.

Can you post a link in a Support Ticket? Then we can take a look at whats going on.

Best

More
5 months 2 days ago #3841 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

I just posted Tech Support under the menu contact us> Product Support.

Thanks,
Agan

More
5 months 2 days ago #3842 by sysgenmedia
You have "show all on load" set as false. Try changing that to true, and those should work…

If you want it to work in conjunction with a search, that’s not working because upon searching you are getting a Google Maps API Error (in the browser console):
Geocoding Service: This API project is not authorized to use this API. For more information on authentication and Google Maps JavaScript API services please see: developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

— OR—

Instead of getting a new KEY you can update your existing one:

Go to Google Developer Console -> APIs & Services -> Library
console.developers.google.com/

Search for Geocoding and click on Geocoding API -> Enable API.

Do the same thing for Geolocating too.

That should enable those services on your existing API Key.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #3843 by agan
Hi sysgen Team,

Our requirement is to filter address by county. that's why we like to add it custom field 1. Since, It can be added as Text in CSV and no need to add it in plugin like EX. category and Tags which need to add each values in plugin.

USA got more than 3000+ county it's very hard to hard these many values in plugin as "TAGS" and add their ID in csv.

Please give us a solution to overcome this. Is there any way to use "custom field 1" as a county with filter option like TAGS. [not like search.]

Note: sample images of "csv and tags setting in plugin" are attached please check that if need.

Attachments:

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #3844 by sysgenmedia
The Store Locator wasn't designed to be used like the old types of locators based on Drop-downs of Specific regions.

This is based on Radius searching from any inputted location. Using A dropdown with 3000+ entries is a bit silly.

If you are only trying to replicate some other older type implementation this is not going to work for you.

Our locator simplifies the searching process by allowing users to enter any location as the search, or their current location, and get the closes results. We dont require the specific input of Counties, but you could search by County if entered in the search field. Of course the radius also has to be set large enough to encompass the entire County if you wanted full results.

We don't search by a Specified Specific predefined region i.e. "States or Counties", we search by a definable Radius from the epicenter of the searched location. The user could enter the Name of a desired County if Desired, but we find that people most often wish to search the closest locations to a specific location.

More