Filtering Event List

7 years 9 months ago #634 by public@sisquared.com
Filtering Event List was created by public@sisquared.com
Is it possible to filter the event list that is displayed, other than just by category.

I am trialling this to display an event calendar for a theatre/cinema and we regularly show films across several non-consecutive days in one week.

The only way I can see to do this is to create an event for each block (example 1 for film showing Fri/Sat at 2pm, then another 1 for the film showing Mon-Thu at 7pm)

This results in the same film being displayed several times in the List View when 1 entry would be better.

Can I hide specific events from list view?
Alternatively, are there any plans to allow for the creation of events over multiple non-consecutive days (i.e. every Monday for a month, every other day, etc.)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• public@sisquared.com
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #643 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Filtering Event List
Currently the only filter is by category...

You can hide events from the list view, if you put them in a category and dont assign that category to the view...

One of our next major features is going to be multiple non consecutive events with recurring patterns so that should help in the next release...

If you could design it, what filters would you want to see?

Jared

More
7 years 9 months ago #649 by public@sisquared.com
Replied by public@sisquared.com on topic Filtering Event List
I guess what would be nice is a recurring appointment type dialog, where you could specify daily, weekly, or monthly, with tick boxes to select/deselect individual days of the week.

It would be nice too if you could make the time elements optional rather than mandatory.

In my circumstances I may have the same event (i.e. a film show) more than once on the same day, or at different times on different days, so would still have to create multiple events unless I can leave the times blank and put the variations within the description of the event.

• public@sisquared.com
  • Topic Author
More