No more Image Calendar?

3 years 4 months ago #3303 by Frankster69
No more Image Calendar? was created by Frankster69
Hi there,

We are updating our site from Joomla 2,5 to 3, and I was looking for a new J3 version of Image Calendar. My subscription has expired, but I'm willing to renew of course.

However, I can't seem to find anything about it anymore here?

It was absolutely the best solution for us. No other calendar extension did it for us, and we tried a fair few.

Is it dead? Or is it elsewhere?

Is there a way to convert the old version to install in Joomla3?

I hope there is...

regards, Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #3309 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic No more Image Calendar?
We too feel the same way, unfortunately at this time there is no Joomla 3.0 version.

There was a lot of work involved in migrating over (basically a complete rewrite is needed).

Please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for further inquires on the image calendar.

More
3 years 4 months ago #3311 by Frankster69
Replied by Frankster69 on topic No more Image Calendar?
Thanks for the reply!

I'm sorry, I was a bit blunt maybe. But yes... I was looking for a J3 version... It's not there, really? Damn... I've been using it for a event organisers website, with some customisations of my own. You can see it here: 7thheaven.nl/agenda ( + frontpage module at: 7thheaven.nl )

Like said, we are upgrading to J3 currently. I've been looking at so many calendar components, but none were so elegant, easy to use (also for the organiser himself who doesn't understand CMS that well) and just plain pretty. If you just want to add a good looking event list, yours is hard to beat IMO.

Too bad, really! I will miss it :) Hope you will port it over anyway at some time, and I'll buy it in an instant... Looking at the mostly bloated competition (JEvents, JEM, Ohanah, RSEvents) I would say with the right marketing this could be a real seller I think. Well worth the effort (hint hint ;-p ).

Please let me know if you do port it to J3... I've contacted support, thank you.

regards, Frank

More