Configuring Store Locator

10 years 9 months ago #753 by joshuadwatt@hotmail.com
Configuring Store Locator was created by joshuadwatt@hotmail.com
I have a few questions that I am trying to figure out for my website.

I am using store locator along with Community Builder and I was wondering if there is a way to set up the the store locator to auto populate when a new business registers?

Is there a way to all the Name of the Business in the search results to be linked to their little personal page (without entering in their public webpage)?

Is there a way to move the results box below the map?

Thanks,
Josh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• joshuadwatt@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #763 by sysgenmedia
Replied by sysgenmedia on topic Configuring Store Locator
Hi Josh,

Let me answer these questions for you to the best of my abilities...

1. The only way at this time to integrate this with community builder would be to write a custom CB plugin to update the Store Locator DB upon changes to CB. We could build this for you, if you are interested in a quote send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with details. Otherwise you would want to write a SQL script to update the #__storelocator table.

2. You could use the built in link field to point to the page of their details... However if you wanted it to link on the name rather than the (View Website) link [of which the 'view website' text is editable in the language file], you would need to edit the JS template file (views/map/tmpl/default_js.php)

3. Yes, you can edit the html template file, and move the results div below the map. File is: views/map/tmpl/default.js You may also want to edit the CSS file as well (assets/styles.css)

Hope that helps,
Jared

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More